Monday, October 25, 2010

Orange Skies

Do you ever stay up so late, that you feel like the only living thing on earth? On those Friday nights,when you have nothing to do the next morning, and nothing that night, except for watch a movie or old TV series. Then you look out the big glass windows, and there's not a star, moon or cloud in sight. The sky has turned an odd shade of orange, and it looks as if something is casting an unnatural light from behind a filtered screen, but yet, it's the middle of the night. No wind, no noise, just a picture. There are no feelings of sadness or joy, stress or relief. You don't feel anything, like your life is just a dream, not moving. No idea what to do next, but go to sleep, hoping to wake up to find a sunny Saturday morning.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely loved this post. The funny thing is that it is quite random and that is probably the reason why I read it:)Just the title, Orange Skies, makes you really want to read on. Not too often do I feel what you expressed in this piece (because I fall asleep right when my head touches the pillow), but every now and then I will experience a night that I just can't seem to rest. One of my favorite things about this post is that you completely made me imagine what was going on - it was like a movie playing in my mind. You were so descriptive with each sentence. Great job

    ReplyDelete