Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Start and an End

I am sitting under a lone oak tree at the top of a bluff. I am facing the setting sun in the west. Sitting there, knowing that the warm breeze flowing through me will be the last one I feel until summer comes 'round again. It fills me with a sense of sadness, loneliness, and aggravation because the first day of fall is tomorrow. But then I remember feeling the crisp air cleanse my skin, and the leaves crunching under my feet. And I smile to myself. Because Fall is the season where your mind feels refreshed coming out of the deep spell that is summer. It is a season that most people think of as a time for preparing and finishing what you started before winter comes and covers everything up. A  time of focus on what matters. A start and an end. I tingle with warmth knowing that something great is coming. Not just the start of a new school year, but the start of a new you.

No comments:

Post a Comment